Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Sentimentality

I'm having difficulty reconciling my high degree of sentimentality with my absolute ability to disconnect emotionality from people who should be pivotal people for me. Like Sandy. 
I have been toying with reaching out to her for months now.. but also toying with reaching out to other people who I cut out my life in much more recent time frames. 
I am not asking you for advice, I am just trying to figure out my own motivation or lack thereof, so that I may know if I am lying to myself or repressing some thought about this all, in context to one's own mortality. 
I do know that I tend to want to reach out when I am at a crossroads or feel more particularly solitary and indulging my sentimentality. 
Life is after all at least largely about relationships, if not to specific individuals, then to humanity as such. And I know I am failing or lacking in every single relationship in my existence. Even my relationship with my own being. I have always, and perhaps will always want more, and today have nearly nothing.. and that is the exquisite torture of a sentimental soul.

No comments: