Monday, August 6, 2007

Acceptance

Acceptance of truths over which we have no control.. 
acceptance of the loss of love, 
or even the hope thereof.. 
or loss of a dear and special friend.. 
loss of all the perfect things 
is tragic in the pain it brings. 
this world so reft with angst and pain, 
once ignored, now clear again, 
tortures me, my softer side, 
until it can but run and hide, 
back within the gilded keep, 
hidden well and buried deep, 
it lives and hopes inside of me, 
awaiting someday to be free. 
 
Acceptance. 
It is a tragic moment in time.. 
if it were but a moment it would be tolerable 
but it comes and goes as I waver from hope to acceptance 
hope against all reason still lives in me 
therein lies my greatest strength and my greatest source of pain 
I revel in it.. the pain.. for it is like an old friend, 
i know it well 
it inspires me to be a better man 
to aspire to greater things 
to appreciate the joys that life brings.. 
fleeting though they may be.

No comments: