Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Go ahead, Pile it on

Sometimes it seems like my life and circumstances are designed to test me.. I mean the past two months have been practically a constant downhill slide on every level. I could waste my time listing off and focusing on my hardships, but it would serve no purpose. I seek no sympathy. As my father said,
"if you are looking for sympathy, you'll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.. and that's the ONLY place you'll find it."
He was pretty smart like that. The real world doesn't give a rat's fuck about most anyone, unless you are rich or powerful, and I am neither. No worries. I don't measure myself by other people's perceptions of me. If you like me for who I am, cool. If not, your loss. I will not be crushed under the weight of it all. go ahead and pile it on. I will not surrender. I will not quit. I will persevere in the end, and my success will be that much more sweet.

No comments: